CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Addition For Grenier Family


Nathanael Jacoby was born on December 14, 2007.


It all began labor Thursday night with early contractions increasing throughout the day on Friday.

I cooked, vacuumed, mopped and did a variety of household tasks. Elijah and I played and read tons of books. It was a pretty normal pre-baby day!

I went to a stress test and ultrasound at the OB at 3pm. The nurse said it was just irregular contractions and didn't think it would happen any time soon. The ultrasound tech thought he would arrive within the weekend though. In my mind I was thinking "They're crazy I'm praying for this baby to come asap!" We left at 4:30.

We went to the exchange; there my contractions increased too much for me to question labor! I went home to pack and shower for the hospital. I ended up packing a few things. Curtis unknowingly added miscellaneous laundry of his, Elijah's and mine to my bag. We add to drop Elijah off, while I was screaming during contractions. Elijah was asking me to hold him and close to tears. He looked scared by the time we dropped him off, I was in too much pain to even speak to him.

We arrived at the hospital at 6:30. I was very grateful to be told I was fully dilated. I didn't expect to quickly end up pushing and being told to wait for the doctor! lol! Nathanael was born at 7:09 pm! I was in shock, a very happy, joyful shock! I had delivered and it wasn't after three days in the hospital!

Nathanael was a beautiful 6lbs 15ounces and 18 inches long.

It was truly one adventurous day!




2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

He is so cute!! I'll see you on Sunday, Lord willing!

Love, Elizabeth Bell

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visit My Blog:

Walking In His Steps: www.homeschoolblogger.com/walkinginhissteps

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a second delivery when you're body knows what to do and you're pre-stretched, eh? :) Poor Elijah, must have been a bit bewildering for him to see his mamma that way. But I can totally imagine doing the same. That pain is very hard to act normal through! Love you, 'Landa!