CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pregnancy Update Week 16

Hey Everyone! Sorry it has taken me this long to post ultrasound pictures and my pregnancy update!

Within the last month, I've seen changes in my sleep patterns. I get really tired around the middle of the afternoon. The good thing is it is also when the boys go down for their afternoon naps. Unfortunately Elijah has tried hard quite a few days to give up this nap time routine. I believe he has given into the need for sleep to day! Yeah!

I had my first OB doctors appointment on February 12th. It was a routine first visit. I'm very glad I switched doctors since I had Nate; this office is much smaller and personal. I met one of the APRNs instead of the doctor this visit. She was very nice and seemed understanding. I was pleased also with her diligence with any of my questions or concerns.
She wasn't able to find the heartbeat via the tummy ultrasound so they did an eternal ultasound after my regular scheduled examine. It was very encouraging to see baby moving their arms and legs all around. You could even see the hands, which periodically went near or in their mouth! :]

My second doctors visit was on March 12th. I took Elijah along with me to my appointment so he could become more involved with "Baby NewNew". I meet doctor Simpson on this visit. I was pleased with his kind and direct nature. I wasn't sure how He would be with Elijah in the room. At my last clinic he was ignored or asked to leave and wait with Dad in the waiting area. Thankfully he was very good with Elijah. Dr. Simpson asked Elijah if he wanted to help with the small handheld heart monitor, to hear baby's heartbeat. Elijah was very happy to assist! It was just wonderful being able to see him help the doctor! Elijah is very hands on and loves being the helper, so this really made his day!

Dr. Simpson said I was measuring a bit bigger then my due date due to a small fibroid. I'm hoping it doesn't grow! My due date is still September 5th. My next appointment is next thursday April 9th. We are hoping to find out during this next appointment if baby new new is a boy or girl too!

Thanks for reading and all your prayers during this time of great change!

I've had quite the mixture of cravings over the last few months, I wonder what this next few weeks will have in store!








2 comments:

Crystal said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! Glad you are doing well - can't wait to hear if Baby NewNew is a girl or boy!:) We are praying for you!

CurtisYolandaEliNate said...

Thanks Crystal! I really hope we find out! It's so exciting! Thanks for your prayers! I finally crossed over your email into my email account! Hope your having a great week!