CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Finding Joy and Rest within my Crazy day

Today has been one of those crazy days. Ok so was yesterday. There was Elijah rolling Nate up in the living room rug, Elijah sweeping the repair mans back, and Nate climbing up the shelves to name a few interesting highlights. Today I've felt uncomfortable in my baby belly area. Slight cramping and some lower back pain. Time to rest and pray there won't be anything else negative go on within my body today. I've put the boys down for their nap, and find myself just wanting to rest in God. I mean that fully, my spirit, mind and body. Rest and relax.

God brings the following verses to my heart. God will restore my soul. I have reason to rejoice and give thanks through the daily ups and downs of a mom with two young boys under the age of 4. Through all the bodily ills and mental frustrations. God Himself is enough. He is my strong tower, he is my cleft in the rock, He is my rest. He the great I AM, the all I need.

God was bringing these verses to my head earlier as I was picking up a few pansies from the garden area at Walmart. Those little plants full of wonderful spring color. Remind me of how I need to be planted. I need the wind and the rain. I need the food and light of the sun.

I hope there is a bit less crazy after the boys wake up but it is my prayer that God will give me rest now.. so that my mind and spirit will let the crazy roll away and life fill me with the joy only my God can give.

Psalm 23:3
"He restores my soul.He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake."

“Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18


Psalm 18:2 "The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

Resting in Jesus Daniel S. Warner

  1. I am resting in Jesus, hallelujah! I know
    That the blood of atonement makes me whiter than snow;
    I will trust in my Savior, and abide His control;
    For He loved me so dearly that He ransomed my soul.
    • Refrain:
      Oh, my rest is so sweet,
      As I sit at Thy feet;
      I am resting, dear Jesus,
      In Thy favor complete.
  2. I am resting in Jesus, oh, how sweet are my years!
    He has banished my troubles, and removed all my tears;
    I am safe in His kingdom, and a heavenly calm
    Now abides in my bosom—glory be to the Lamb!
  3. I am resting in Jesus, my Redeemer and Friend,
    And the peace of His kingdom shall endure without end;
    Oh, my soul is transported in His favor divine,
    And there’s music, sweet music in this bosom of mine.
  4. I am resting in Jesus, what a blessed repose!
    I am living in triumph over death and all foes;
    I can smile at the tempest, hallelujah to God!
    I am free, and forever I will sing of the blood.

We Rest on Thee
We rest on Thee, our Shield and our Defender! We go not forth alone against the foe;

Strong in Thy strength, safe in Thy keeping tender,
We rest on Thee, and in Thy Name we go.
Strong in Thy strength, safe in Thy keeping tender,
We rest on Thee, and in Thy Name we go.

Yes, in Thy Name, O Captain of salvation!
In Thy dear Name, all other names above;
Jesus our Righteousness, our sure Foundation,
Our Prince of glory and our King of love.
Jesus our Righteousness, our sure Foundation,
Our Prince of glory and our King of love.

We go in faith, our own great weakness feeling,
And needing more each day Thy grace to know:
Yet from our hearts a song of triumph pealing,
“We rest on Thee, and in Thy Name we go.”
Yet from our hearts a song of triumph pealing,
“We rest on Thee, and in Thy Name we go.”

We rest on Thee, our Shield and our Defender!
Thine is the battle, Thine shall be the praise;
When passing through the gates of pearly splendor,
Victors, we rest with Thee, through endless days.
When passing through the gates of pearly splendor,
Victors, we rest with Thee, through endless days.

0 comments: